Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mummy No.1

The title of the post, for those who are unaware, has been derived from a nomenclature popularized in 1990s by bollywood star Govinda. Even today some of his rib tickling flicks such as “Haseena Man Jayegi”, “Hero No.1”, “Coolie No.1”, “Dulhe Raja” etc can be watched repeatedly.

Since childhood I have been fascinated by cooking (alright I am just kiddingJ). It was not until 2004, year when I started copy + paste (software engineerJ), that I ever thought of putting my footsteps in kitchen.

Staying alone in Silicon Valley of India, I realized the importance of the proverb “Necessity is the mother of invention”. Tired of eating floating icebergs (Idli) in a red ocean (sambhar) and foot long dosa’s, I decided to try my luck in cooking.

On one fine day, (must have been Friday the 13J) I decided to cook myself an “entire lunch”. Sounds big isn’t it. Well the menu actually was only dal and rice. Confused, I decided to call up my savior, Mummy No.1.

I still remember vividly my struggle for survival. For almost 30 min (by then incoming was freeJ), I took on the spot cookery classes. The end result, to be true, was edible food which encouraged me take up cooking as a hobby.

Since then (except for 2 years of unpaid leave in a b-schoolJ), I have been cooking on a regular basis (for all the girls out there, I am still a bachelorJ).

In this blog I intend to list a number of delectable recipes and tips. The listed recipes would be vegetarian (some would include egg as well). The source of these recipes and tips is the unparalleled experience and expertise of my mother (she has already experimented all of them on meJ).

As and when I cook, I would try my best to pen them down as well. So friends get ready for the most appetizing and delicious blog ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment