Friday, July 10, 2009

Fine Tune Your Quantitative Skills

A view of the class room (Spot me in the background)


Some of my class room students

After one and half months as a “cost center” for Career Launcher I was promoted to a “revenue generator”. The idea was simple. Get hold of some CAT aspirants, impress them by means of a fancy presentation (this is what students learn in their MBA) and lure them to join Career Launcher.

Guess what, among the entire experienced faculty the center head chose me to conduct workshops (he wanted me to torture other students as wellJ). The title of my first workshop is the title of this post.

I would not discuss the contents of the presentation. I have attached the same for your viewing. Kindly go through it at least once. In case you find it useful, refer it to your friends who are preparing for MBA entrance.



To view presentation in slide form use the following link Fine Tune Your Quantitative Skills

The workshop ran for about 75 minutes. It was a big success. Initially the ambience was grim, but after about 15 min things changed. Most of the students were able to connect with me and each one had a great time (not sure of how many concepts they understood).

Within a week of the event, almost 20% (a good number by the industry standards) of the audience joined Career Launcher (new bakrasJ). The center head was impressed, the students seemed satisfied, and as for me, I still haven’t been able to solve the questions discussed in the presentationJ.

P.S. Reference has been made to an old Career Launcher presentation.

1 comment:

  1. Narayanan won't be very pleased if he reads the word 'bakras'. ;-) I was among the ones sleeping ..hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete